Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Mobile money transactions hit GH¢493bn in April

    May 21, 2026

    Court of Appeal restores license of GN Savings and Loans

    May 21, 2026

    Chief, six others attacked during visit to galamsey site in Western North

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • Home
    • News

      Court of Appeal restores license of GN Savings and Loans

      May 21, 2026

      Chief, six others attacked during visit to galamsey site in Western North

      May 21, 2026

      FDA intensifies checks on imported frozen chicken, meat and fish to boost food safety

      May 21, 2026

      MP Joseph Mensah Facilitates Electricity for 27 Communities in Nkoranza North.

      May 19, 2026

      MAN DIVORCES WIFE FOR ALWAYS DEMANDING DOGGY-STYLE AND LICKING AFTER LEARNING IT FROM A WHATSAPP GROUP CREATED FOR COUPLES

      May 19, 2026
    • Sports
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Education
    • Energy
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Global News
    • LIVE TV
    Home»News»Chief, six others attacked during visit to galamsey site in Western North
    News

    Chief, six others attacked during visit to galamsey site in Western North

    SAMUELBy SAMUELMay 21, 2026Updated:May 21, 20262 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    A violent clash at an illegal mining site at Asawinso “A” in the Bibiani Anhwiaso Bekwai Municipality of the Western North Region has left one person dead and six others critically injured following a shooting incident linked to illegal mining activities.

    The deceased, identified as 36-year-old Kwame Ayisie, died after gunmen suspected to be connected to illegal miners allegedly opened fire on a group led by the chief of the community.

    According to the Chief, Nana Kwasi Ayim III, the incident occurred on Monday, May 18, when he and some youth from the community visited the Afao Hill Forest Reserve, where illegal mining activities were reportedly taking place.

    The chief said the visit was intended to assess the extent of environmental destruction caused by illegal miners operating in the forest reserve.

    He explained that prior to the incident, Ogyeahoho Yaw Gyebi II had summoned him to explain why illegal mining activities had been allowed to continue in the community.

    “I went there to engage the illegal miners in a peaceful discussion and appealed to them to stop the illegal mining activities, but while we were returning from the site, we were ambushed by heavily built men believed to be connected to the illegal miners,” Nana Ayim III said.

    According to him, the attackers opened fire on the group, leaving several people seriously injured.

    Frank Nelson Ackah, President of the Ghana Association of Assembly Members, also confirmed the incident, stating that the chief and the youth had only gone toinspect the level of destruction caused by illegal mining activities before the attack occurred.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Avatar photo
    SAMUEL
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Court of Appeal restores license of GN Savings and Loans

    May 21, 2026

    FDA intensifies checks on imported frozen chicken, meat and fish to boost food safety

    May 21, 2026

    MP Joseph Mensah Facilitates Electricity for 27 Communities in Nkoranza North.

    May 19, 2026
    Don't Miss
    Business

    Mobile money transactions hit GH¢493bn in April

    Mobile money transactions in Ghana reached a value of GH¢493.2 billion in April 2026, involving…

    Court of Appeal restores license of GN Savings and Loans

    May 21, 2026

    Chief, six others attacked during visit to galamsey site in Western North

    May 21, 2026

    FDA intensifies checks on imported frozen chicken, meat and fish to boost food safety

    May 21, 2026
    Demo
    Top Posts

    Misinformation fuelling galamsey tensions – Security Consultant warns

    September 13, 2025

    Heartbreak For Ghana As Morocco Wins Penalty Shootout To Reach WAFCON Final

    July 27, 2025

    Versatile Jeffery Schlupp Targets English Premier League Promotion With Norwich City

    July 27, 2025

    Ghana Clinch WAFCON Bronze After Penalty Drama Against South Africa

    July 27, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    • About Us
    • Contact us
    • Email us: support@lovinghananews.com
    • Call us: 050 224 3727
    © 2026 Loving Ghana News. Designed by King Bygone's Media.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.